ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752734 Members
5537 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant DL380 G4 Restoring OS

Robert Woods_2

Proliant DL380 G4 Restoring OS

I have a new DL380 G4 with 6 146Gb drives installed. I am trying to run the Intelegent Disaster Recovery from Veritas 9.1 to restore a server to this machine. It seems to start out ok, but after formating partitions and copying some files for windows 2k setup it comes up with a message that says
"Windows 2000 could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows 2000 documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information"
I have the Smart Array 6i set as boot controller. Are there other settings in the controller that need to be set to boot from this controller? I can't seem to find how to get to the setting in the array controller. Help please
1 REPLY 1
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 G4 Restoring OS

hi,

To go into the ACU press F8 when the server boots. This only configures the drives though, build the array and initialize.
To set the boot controller order if your not using the smart start cd you can press F9 or F12 to go into the RBSU. here you can change the order of boot devices.
It sounds like you may not have the driver patched in for the OS though. Normally you have to patch it in pressing F6 during setup to install additional scsi/raid cards. then windows can detect the drives /array ok.

You may have to add the driver into the veritas script if its not there already and thats the way you want ot do it.

Andy