ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748089 Members
5033 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL380 G5 missing drivers

Terry Fera

Proliant DL380 G5 missing drivers

We have two Proliant DL380 G5 servers here with Windows Server 2003 R2 on them and they are both missing a single device driver that we cannot locate on the HP site or the supplied CDs.

In the Unknown device properties its location is described as "on PCI standard ISA bridge" and the I/O range is 0CA2-0CA3.

Does anybody know what this device could be? The servers are function and all drivers are installed other than this.
5 REPLIES 5
dms_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 G5 missing drivers

Have you tried to reinstall PSP 7.8? PSP contains all the drivers, maybe it will solve the problem if you missed something from the HP site
Terry Fera

I ended up having to run that (we were avoiding it because we had problems with it before). It ended up being the HP NULL LMPI Controller so we just grabbed that driver and installed it on both (imaged before we installed PSP and restored after).
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

so try PSP 7.7 just in case because you have W2003 R2

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Michael Rudloff

Just want to say thanks .. I had the same issue and we couldn't install the full package either as CiscoWorks cannot run in conjunction with all those HP Tools ..

I had also three devices without driver

Unknown Device
PCI Device
Base System Device

I then run the SmartStart manually using the remote installation tool. I removed everything and just add the driver ...

That got rid of PCI Device and Base System Device, which was the ILO board from the look of it ...

Unknown Device was as mentioned above

HP NULL LMPI CONTROLLER - whatever that is ..

So thanks for the help and thanks that google indexed it already :)
Michael Rudloff

I used a DL 360 G5 though ..