ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753736 Members
4709 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant DL380 G6: ILOG log Server power removed

Remy BREBION

Proliant DL380 G6 : ILOG log Server power removed

Under Windows XP SP3 (I know it is not supported by HP), my DL380 G6 randomly reboot.
ILOG logs during reboot are :
- Server reset.
- Server power removed.
- Server power restored.
Nothing in IML
This server is OK under Windows 2003
Two other DL360 G6 are OK under Windows XP
9 REPLIES 9
Mike Culver

Re: Proliant DL380 G6 : ILOG log Server power removed

Bizzare.....
I have the same problem with a proliant ml350g4p.

IML doesn't show any entries.

Remote Insight log shows MANY "server power removed" and "server power restored" messages. The server has to site powered off for a while before I can power it back on and then it will stay stable for a few days or so....
Remy BREBION

My DL380 G6 also reboot with Windows 2008 with Proliant Support Pack.
It seems to be a Hardware Failure, I will test again with Windows 2003 to confirm.

Mike, my server reboot 2 or 3 times each day and don't need to remove the power so it's may be not the same problem.
Jason Tak

We've also experienced same problem (random reboot conditions) on two different DL380 G6 servers running on Windows EBS 2008 server environment.

The power is protected by APC UPS and redundant power supplies are connected to different outlet. Beside there are other devices (including DL360 G6) connected to same APC unit which do not show reboot condition.

On one of the server, we had modified # of processor option under Advanced Boot option and it has not rebooted for 2 weeks. The server has dual processors (Intel Xeon E5540) which we're not able to utilize at this time due to random reboots.

Mike Culver

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. knock on wood - my server has not rebooted in 2 weeks and I didn't do anything to it.....
dave cullen

We had the same issue here, we found that it was Kaspersky AV causing the hardware failure massages. Also, if you guys are using 4GB memory, try knocking it down to 2GB and see if that makes it stable. If KAV is your issue then try using KAV MP4.
MDS-ALPA
Frequent Advisor

Would be worth your time to check my thread on DL380 G6 servers in the IT resource Center...

DL380 G6 OS Load method
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1395648

Mark
Remy BREBION

My problem is now solved and is describe in the thread :
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1385861
(see attached file of iceman78 Dec 7, 2009 20:08:16 GMT reply for more detail)

HP support send me the patch which resolved the probleme (my DL360 G6 no more reboot)
Cyford
Occasional Advisor

This Link isnt working for me,  Is it possible you can send me the patch?  allen[at]cyfordtechnologies.com

Thanks in advance

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 G6: ILOG log Server power removed

>This link isn't working for me

These are links in the the previous version of the forum.  This is the likely post:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/ProLiant-DL380-G6-Continually-Reboots/m-p/4531742#M96336