1753470 Members
4824 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL380 G6 and 16 drives

James Muell
Valued Contributor

Proliant DL380 G6 and 16 drives

Has anyone configured a 380G6 to use 16 drives by adding the 2nd chassis,and Expansion board? If so how did you do it?
3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 G6 and 16 drives

You set up the second disk cage in the same way you do the first one. You need another raid controller, cable kit and disks. You can NOT combine the logical or physical disks from the two cages at the controller level, they are separate environments.
You can combine the volumes from each cage but you have to do it at the OS level.
Note the use of the terms "logical disk" and "logical volumes" here.
claudio7c0
Advisor

Hi

I have got two DL380 G6 with 16 HDD attached to the 410i and external 410 SmartArray controllers.

I confirm that it is not possible to link the two locial drives. You have to do it in your OS. Such a configuration is supported by HP dough.

After my experience I do not recommend using such a configuration. The system wasn't stable until installing BBWC-modules for both controllers.

Best regards. Claudio.
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Sorry, But your wrong. All 16 drives can be used via one P600 array controller. We tested and proved this in our lab with a single 16 drive array. It takes changing the internal disk cable connections and and adding more cables (from the 2nd disk encl) There is a document on how to configure it, but that is NOT clear. I will follow this comment up with more info and a link shortly.