4155 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL380 Requires Intervention to Reboot

SOLVED
Go to solution
James Sanchez

Proliant DL380 Requires Intervention to Reboot

When I boot this server, it comes to "Hit F1 to continue, hit F10 for system partition utilities." It doesn't ever time-out of this, and stops here even on a soft reboot.

When I hit F10 it comes back with a quick message about not finding the partition utilities.

I won't have physical access to the box after it is setup and it would be a huge pain if I had to visit the box everytime I needed to reboot.

If anybody knows how I can bypass this that would be a HUGE help!
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant DL380 Requires Intervention to Reboot

If you never installed System Partition and just use cached settings try to run SP19619 when it loads try to continue load from floppy diskette and when you see 4 option and first System Configuration press Ctrl + A than move to next screen Configure Hardware ├в Review and Modify ├в scroll down find F1 Option and Disable ├в save and exit.
Once again F10 ├в access to System Settings is a small size partition ~34MB that keep all your setting and Hardware info ├в it's recommended to have one installed before O/S Loaded.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

What kind of POST error are you getting? Once this problem is taken care of you can get rid of this message.

This is what I would normally recommend doing to resolve the problem.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
James Sanchez

I only have one of the power supplies plugged in, so I get a POST error about the failed power supple. I didn't think it would matter while I'm doing the O/S install.
James Sanchez

I plugged in both power supplies and the boot process runs all the way to the O/S.

Thanks!!