4909 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL380 and Network Configuration Utility

Stephen Shortland
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL380 and Network Configuration Utility

Hello,

We have recently inherited some HP Proliant Servers. One of which whenever rebooted does not receive an IP Address. The HP Network Team Adapter continually says 'Aquiring IP Address' and I have to Disable then Enable the NIC for connectivity to take place.

* On the Server I am running Windows 2003 Server.
* I have 2 NICS.
* Neither NIC has an IP Address Entered.
* The HP Network Team adapter is somehow tied to the NICs and the HP Network Team Adapter has a manual IP Address Set.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and that appeared to work for one or two reboots but now I am back to the same problem.

I need to either fix the HP Team Adapter or is there a way to use the two NICS without this Adapter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Stephen
5 REPLIES 5
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 and Network Configuration Utility

Hi..

When the network adapters are teamed with Network Configuration Utility The team Adapter takes over the two physical nics.. So they can't have any ip adress at all.. It's like a Cluster the team adapter is like the virtual node and the two nics is the physical working as one...

Try disolve the Team in NCU and then uninstall the NCU. Reboot and Reinstall the NCU and setup a new team...

If you don't want to utilize network teaming don't reinstall the NCU...
Stewart Myles

We are having the same problem the servers are connected to a Cisco switch, the teaming method is 802.3ad. The problem seems to appear once the network configuration utility was upgraded to version 9.65.00.
How do we uninstall the utility as it doesn't appear in add/remove programs? Also using device manager just removes the teaming.

Stewart
Br├бulio

Hello,

I had the same problem with HP Network Team with the lastest driver's 9.65.0.0 of "HP Network Configuration Utility for Windows Server 2003"

I have updated network card firmware (with cp010607.exe) and reinstalled the driver's the problem was solved.

Hope this help...

Br├бulio

After a few server reboots the problem seems to happen again...
Now I have other new installed server's with the same problem to. Latest NIC firmare, NIC driver version and HP Network team with latest version also and no luck.

I have already reported to HP and I'm waiting for an answer...

If some one have resolved this problem, please reply. I will appreciate.

ArthurWP
Advisor

TO remove the NCU remove the team and then under one of the nic properties, uninstall the HP software.