1748128 Members
3475 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant DL380G3 Packaged Cluster

Bart Kaczmarek
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL380G3 Packaged Cluster

Hi all. I am configuring a DL380G3 packaged cluster. Both servers see the storage array before I create the cluster in Windows 2000 Advanced Server (SP4). Once I create the cluster (NODE1) and fire up the second server the storage array does not show up in disk management on the second server. When I go to create NODE2 via the Cluster Configuration Tool in Windows 2000 it gives me an error after the password screen:

"An unrecoverable error occured while trying to synchronize the cluster disk info.

Network Path Not Found

Error ID: 53"

Any ideas ? It doesn't seem to be a hardware problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant DL380G3 Packaged Cluster

Make sure that when you configure Node 2 that Node 1 is turned on and the Cluster Service is running. It also sounds like you may have network subnet problems. You should use the dedicated network (the one that uses the ethernet crossover cable) for ht ecluster heartbeat (Intracluster Communication) and both of those NICs need to be on the same IP subnet.

You might want to check out some of these docs. They are from the ProLiant CLuster web page (http://www.hp.com/servers/proliant/highavailability).

Installation Checklist
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/solutions/enterprise/ha/whitepapers/5981-4174EN%20_G2-G3_.pdf

Best Practices
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/solutions/enterprise/ha/microsoft/win2003/5981-6901EN.pdf

Hope this helps,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo