1753500 Members
3371 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL380G3 - system board undocumented LEDs

Brian Shepard
Advisor

Proliant DL380G3 - system board undocumented LEDs

Standing in front of a DL380G3 with the top cover off looking down onto the system board you will see that there are a grouping of tiny LEDs(undocumented) located between the DIMM slots & the PPM2 slot & just below a grouing of 5 capacitors which are just below the CPU2 socket. I am interested in the following LEDs:
CR47, CR48, CR59, CR66, & CR67. These LEDs are amber on one of my DL380G3s. The server is up and running fine (RedHat AS 2.1). However, the Internal Health LED on the front panel is somtimes amber and sometimes green. I have replaced memory and swapped CPUs, but the tiny undocumented LEDs on the system board (CR47, CR48, CR59, CR66, & CR67) remain amber. Anyone know what these undocumented LEDs indicate. My guess is that I will have to replace the system board.

-Brian
6 REPLIES 6
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Brian,
I have attached a document with the description of DL380 G3 LEDs.

Regards,
Brian Shepard
Advisor

Thanks Sunil, but the LEDs I'm talking about are undocumented. I already have the document you attached (Thank you), but the LEDs I mention in my original post are not not listed in this document. My guess is that only an HP electrical engineer would know what these LEDs indicate. If you could forward my original post to a high level engineer, maybe he/she could tell me what these LEDs mean. LEDs: CR47, CR48, CR59, CR66, & CR67 (see original post). Thank you Sunil, I appreciate your reply : )

-Brian

-Brian
Mark Hix

Brian, could you or Sunil Jerath send me the document with the description of the DL380 G3 LEDs?
I have a red light on the internal system health LED.
I took off the cover and the CR36 is amber.
The CR51 and CR52 are blinking green sequentially.
I am not sure what is up....I appreciate any help!

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Mark:

Just click on the paper clip icon at the top right corner of Sunil's post.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Mark Hix

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction Roger.
David Hayes_4
Occasional Contributor

Brian -

I posted this same question a few months back and never heard anything. Here's what I've discovered:

- The LEDs seem to be related to the onboard NICs. On a second DL380 here, the lights turned on when I disabled the Broadcom NICs and put in an Intel card instead.

- Replacing the motherboard didn't change the LEDs.

- the LEDs being on seem harmless. The 2nd server here with its LEDs on has been on for months without any problems.

- CR47 + CR48 stopped flashing when I upgraded the firmware on my box a week ago.

I'd still like to know what the LEDs mean, though.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=486809&admit=716493758+1084552154350+28353475

--david