108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL580 G2 reboot unexpectly

SOLVED
Go to solution
Luis_64
Occasional Advisor

Proliant DL580 G2 reboot unexpectly

I have a Proliant DL580 G2,4 procs, running W2000 Server,it reboots unexpectly every 2 or 3 weeks. Nothing is registered on EventLog or Compaq Array Log. Any suggestions?
15 REPLIES 15
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

<>

Did you check NT Event log, system event log or both ? The system event log logs stuff like memory parity errors. You can check its contents via Insight Manager.
Luis_64
Occasional Advisor

The windows event log only says: The previous system shutdown at 9:59:47 AM on 9/25/2003 was unexpected.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Th other log to check is the Integrated Management Log.
If it's under contract get an Engineer in, sounds like hardware.
Gary Yau
Occasional Advisor

Is it power supply or electricity problem of your location??
Luis_64
Occasional Advisor

None of the logs: Event Viewer, Compaq Log, Integrated Management or any other are registering errors. There are no power supply or electricity problems.

The W2000 Server has SP3 Build 2195, just in case. The BIOS version is 10/07/02.
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

Do you have the management agents installed? If so go to the device homepage (https://servername:2381) and click on the auto recovery link. It should show you what the last reset was. If it lists ASR, then I would check into your system recovery settings. Is it reaching a high temp and rebooting etc. Does this model come with an iLo? If so, you should be able to check that for the last reset sequence to see what is happening (same with a RILOE if that is installed and the system doesn't come with an iLo).

Jeff
Luis_64
Occasional Advisor

I have it installed but I can't see the auto recovery link, I have version 6.30 installed.
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

hmmm, I think you should see the link. (I have it in both 6.20 and 6.40 agents so I would expect it in 6.30 agents) If you click on the management agents link, then scroll down the left pane, do you see "Auto Recovery" listed under the recovery options? Do you know if ASR is disabled in the bios of this machine or not? That may affect whether it is listed on these pages or not.

Jeff
Luis_64
Occasional Advisor

This is a screenshot. Is something wrong or not?