108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL580 G2 reboot unexpectly

SOLVED
Go to solution
Luis_64
Occasional Advisor

How do I know if the ASR is enabled or not???
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

An ASR should write to the Integrated Management Log. So, if that's clean chances are it was not an ASR reboot.
If you have Insight Manager Agents installed, browse to the Server (or use IM to select the device) the ASR Section is listed as Autorecovery under the Recovery Section in the Left Hand Panel.
Our DL580 G1 has ASR, so I would think the G2 has it.
Luis_64
Occasional Advisor

I don't have anything written to the Integrated Management Log, so the ASR is not enabled, right? Then, what is causing the server booting???
Zigor Buruaga
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Luis,

Looking at your attachment, I would say that ASR is enabled.
If you can not find any entry in Integrated Management Log ( no ASR, no Blue Screen, etc ), I would say that they were not the cause of the reboot.
You could try to view the "Reset Sequences" in your RILOE / RILOE II, maybe you could find some clue.
In the other hand, you could also try to look for other kind of log messages in EventLog ( windows services that were stopped prior the reboot, etc ). Or maybe you could find that the file "C:\winnt\memory.dmp" was created/updated at the crash moment.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Zigor
Zigor Buruaga
Esteemed Contributor

Hi again Luis,

One more thing, you could try to disable the "Automatically reboot" option ( in case you have enabled ).
Right click on "My Computer", click on "Properties", click on "Advanced" tab, click on "Startup and Recovery" button, and then uncheck "Automatically reboot".
In this way, maybe the next time the server crashes you could see some relevant info in the screen. But consider that once the server crashes, it will be unavailable until your manual intervention.

Only an idea.
Kind regards,
Zigor
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

If it is unexpected - it wouldn't be related to an ASR.

I don't know if this is the case or not - but are the power supplies plugged into a UPS. I have found with APC - they have a system check that is done every 2 weeks. If the battery is failed - the UPS will power off then back on resulting in an unexpected shutdown. It will occur at the same time every 2 weeks.

If this isn't the case...

I would look at environmental issues. Heat or whatever - but I still think there would be something logged.

You could run diags on it if the schedule allows for an extended down time. I would think 2K would log some type of activity regarding any applications that are running crazy.