ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751710 Members
5059 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL580 booting

JT522

Proliant DL580 booting

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. I just purchased a Proliant DL580 G1 to practice on, and when I was trying to install windows 2000 server after rebooting for the first time it just kept going back to the beggining, and started to install the op sys all over again. So I change the booting sequence on the SCSI to boot from cd, and now all I get is "system not found....." message. Now the system skips booting from a floppy or a CD, and it goes straight to the hard drive for the operating system. Can someone guide me as to how can I get this machine to boot again from floppy or cd? the hard drive is wipe clean, and I am not able to get to CMOS. any help will be greatly appreciated. Jose
3 REPLIES 3
divakar.k
Valued Contributor

Re: Proliant DL580 booting

In DL580 G1, RBSU - F9.

In RBSU there are two settings:

1) > RBSU >Standard Boot Order (IPL)> Make CD-ROM to appear first in the list.

This would help you in getting booted from CD.

To avoid the OS re-installing all over again check with the boot controller order

> RBSU > Boot Controller Order > Ctrl:1 PCI Embedded HP Smart Array 6i

Ensure that the correct smart array controller is selected

Once you are done with the installation of the operating system you could change the boot order again

I hope this helps you

regards
Divakar
JT522

Thanks for your help but pressing the F9 or Control key does not acomplish anything. as the machine goes through posting it gets to where the SCSI array start to initialize I can press F8 to enter SCSI set up, I can't change the the boot procedure eventhough that's where I changed it to boot from hard drive. If I ESC to exit it just to where it says no system disk found or disk error. So I'm really not sure as to what's going on. Thanks so much Jose
divakar.k
Valued Contributor

Would u have load defaults or set-defaults options in SCSI Bios, You could propably tru that.