cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL585 processor

Rosy_2
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL585 processor

We bought 2 new servers. They came with 2 processors each and we also bought the optional 2 processors each. When using with 2 processors there is no problem but when we put the optional 3rd and 4th processors the server gives a heating and fan error and stops. This is the same for both servers. What should we do? Both fans cannot be faulty??
3 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL585 processor

Step
1. min memory config
2. latest System ROM
3. clear cache (NVRAM)
4. reset BIOS to User Settings
5. Install memory back
Michael Williams_6
Trusted Contributor

That's an interesting one, I had that once upon a time on a Compaq system whereby it turned out you needed to upgrade the fans if you wanted to use quad processing, I believe that was a 6400R.

Looking at the quickspecs for the server (http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11902_div/11902_div.html), the DL585 comes with all 8 fans as standard, and we have 6 DL580G2's which I upgraded to quad processing myself and I didn't have this error.

Check that all the fans are seated, and check there are no error lights and that all 8 are present!

If that doesn't solve your problem, I'd recommend logging a call with HP as something really doesn't sound right there...
Rosy_2
Occasional Visitor

Firmware upgrade solved the problem, thank you to all.