cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL760 G2 - Power Redundancy

Ralph Malear
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL760 G2 - Power Redundancy

I am constantly receiveing this message from my server. Power Redundancy Lost (6032).
I have changed the power supplies and I never loose power on any of the supplies. Has any
one seen this?
9 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL760 G2 - Power Redundancy

hi Ralph

well you already replaced both PSU right?

have you tried another power cables?
have you tried different power sources?
another PDU? UPS? wall?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Im more curious on where are these errors coming from Ralph ??

Is it SIM ? If so, Fix the Event as Repaired & check;

Regards,
James.
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hi Ralph

This could be because of cpqasm.sys driver so please update the management agents of the server follow link to downlaod latest proliant support pack :

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27534.html

Cheers :)
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Are you running on high line power (208V) or low line power (110V)? Do you have all 8 processors populated?

The power draw of the system is such that it really can't power itself totally [using a single power supply] with 8 processors at low line power. When utilization goes up, you probably are drawing from the second power supply and thus losing redundancy.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

That was something new for me David.
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Regards,
James.
Ralph Malear
Occasional Visitor

David,
Thanks for the reply.
I am running low line (110 v) power with 8 processors. The catch is that I have another system with the exact same configuration, that dosen't have that problem.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

You may not see this error with all configurations using low voltage. According to the quickspecs for this server (http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11568_na/11568_na.html):
"NOTE: To ensure redundancy of server power, HP requires that 200-240 VAC power be used for all deployments. This will ensure that both power supplies can support up to their maximum configurations, and remain in a redundant power supply state."
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Ralph, my bet is that the utilization on that other system is lower than this system and so doesn't exhibit the same characteristic. Or perhaps the number of slots or DIMMs populated is lower?
Ralph Malear
Occasional Visitor

Dave,
The 2 systems are running 8 cpus 16gb of memory and they are both AD controllers.
The cpu's on both rarely go over 6%. Comitted memory is about 750MB. These servers are actually overkill for their function.

Karlo,
Yes the psu's have been cahnged as well as the power cables. Tried different PDU's and the ups is an entire data center ups.

James,
I am seeing the errors in the event log, HP itegrated mangement og viewer and insight manager.

Sammy,
I loaded PSP 7.90a a few weeks ago.