ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753809 Members
8449 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant G3 models, 6.2 Agents and Network perf counters

Proliant G3 models, 6.2 Agents and Network perf counters

There seems to be a known issue with Proliant G3 servers using the Smart Start 6.2 Agents and missing network performance counters.

Using the same server build source, we do not have this problem on G1 and G2 servers, just G3 models (e.g. DL380G3 and DL360G3).

It seems this is an issue with the drivers on the 6.2 Agents package.

Of course we can turn on network perf counters manually, but we would like to update our build source.

I've seen several posts on this forum on this issue but I haven't seen a resolution from HP.

Can someone from HP please let us know - what version of Agents do we need to use in our build source to avoid this problem?

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Michelle,
Have you tried the 6.30 or 6.40 yet?? If not then please do and post the results.

Regards,

We aren't going to update our build source unless we know it is going to resolve the problem. We'd like HP to tell us the resolution.
Herve_5

The 6.4 Agent package has the same problem under W2K but it shows up under W2K3 with version 7.0a.

I will try to update to version 7.0a under W2K and let you know if it shows up.
Sam Richardson_1

I found another thread while trying to resolve the same issue, and it suggested this Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152513
I tried it and it worked for me (the tcpip dll was disabled). However I don't know how long till the counter gets disabled again.

Herve_5

The problem with the HP driver instance name not being null terminated. This is a programer thing. HP should fix this but is pointing Microsoft for a fix.

So MS has a fix but it is unsupported... and is labeled as preSP5 so when W2K SP5 comes out (if ever) it should be fixed.

There is a MS article about this but I can't find the number anymore.

HP, please null terminate your driver name string so we can go on with more meaningful work.

Herve
Herve_5