1751907 Members
5246 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant G5 ML115 noise

maik

Proliant G5 ML115 noise

Hi all,

I have installed windows 7 on my hp server and the noise of the fans are on constant speed and loud. I have the latest bios and one of the solutions is to update the Light Out. But I cannot create the USB flash to update it, The rompaq is not creating it properly. I have tried it but it seems it is not creating a bootable USB, just copies random files from the download folder.

INSTRUCTIONS

Installation:

ROMPaq USB Key - Windows-based utility to locally partition, format and copy necessary files to a USB flash media device (e.g. HP Drive Key) through the Windows environment. The created USB flash media device is made bootable and ready to locally restore and/or update the firmware.

1. Obtain a USB Key media.

2. Download the Enhanced SoftPaq to a directory on a system running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft Windows Vista and change to that directory.

3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded SoftPaq file: Simply double click on the SPxxxxx file and follow the installation wizard to complete the Enhanced SoftPaq installation process. At the end of a successful installation of the Enhanced SoftPaq a web page will automatically appear to provide you with the different methods for restoring and/or upgrading the firmware on the system.

4. After the USB Key is created, you may delete the downloaded file if you wish.

5. Insert this USB Key into the USB Key port of the system to be updated and power the system on.