1752815 Members
5952 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant M370 G3 Loses Network Connection

Linda C. Cave
Occasional Advisor

Proliant M370 G3 Loses Network Connection

This server functions as a terminal server. The server seems to lose its network connection, that is the terminal server users become disconnected and show in a disconnected state. We also notice a "master Browser" warning in the log and a "master browser" error in the log of the comain controllers. I have recently applied hotfix mrxsmb.sys from Microsoft, but I am still confused.

This is the first server I have installed using the HP smartstart. Although, it was an easier installation than with the compaq smart start, we found ourselves turning off services in order to get the server working properly. Could this have any bearing on our issue?
6 REPLIES 6
Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

Hi
Plz check for the RDP database may be that is corrupt. delete the database by going in terminal services manager in admin tools. and alternatively you can reinstall terminal services on the server and do the config again. Hope this works.
Linda C. Cave
Occasional Advisor

Would you be kind enough to give me more information.
Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

some times the RDP data base which holds all database that who all have logged on through terminal servers gets corrupt and therefore people get dissconnected. now you can deleted this database or simply i would say uninstall terminal services and reinstall them on the server. and then reconfigure the terminal sessions counters.
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

is is the server not talking to the network anymore or is it just client TSed in getting disconected but the server is still on the network?

if only TS client then how long until they disconect? was there any configuration done to kick people out after a prolong inactivity?
Marcel Baumann
Occasional Advisor

Hello

I had a similar problem with the same Type of Server about one year ago. I could reestablish the network-connection by rebooting or by using the test facsility of the network-adapter.

Final solution was to change the mainboard because the NIC is fixed on the mainboard. It was changed under warranty.

Kind regards

Marcel Baumann
Linda C. Cave
Occasional Advisor

We have recently changed the NIC and are waiting to see if it happens again. Thank you that was a lightbulb.