New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML 110 G4 install problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ivan Kalina
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML 110 G4 install problem

Hi all,
does anybody know how to deal with the next problem. The server (Proliant ML 110 G4) is being installed with Windows Server 2003 x 64. Additional drivers (by F6) are supplied during installation via USB Floppy drive (Intel Raid ICH7R is in there). Raid volumes are successfully recognized, but after system is loaded and started to copy files the message "Insert Disk Labeled as Intel Matrix Storage manager" (this is the full name of supplied driver) appears forever. The overall impression is, USB drive _becomes_ unavailable during installation.
Did anybody face with this situation?
Thank you in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant ML 110 G4 install problem

Not had this on a G4 but with other kit I got round this by copying the additional drivers onto a CDR with the windows image so all I/O was on the same device during install

Hi!

It might not be compatible with the server. You might try an HP External USB Floppy drive:

HP Proliant DL145 G3, ML150 G3, ML110 G3 and G4 - USB External Floppy Drive Spare Part Number: 359118-001

Or you can create a Slipstreaming OS CD, using third party software, like nLite. The slipstreaming CD consist on burning the Driver with the windows CD.

Attached you can find a document with some screenshots in order to create an Slipstreaming OS CD.

According to the ML110 G4 it should have a 4PORT SATA Controller. Make sure you have the correct Driver

HP Proliant Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3186395&prodNameId=3279681&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-d7cf9e5b20e8423983267549a3

Regards,
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

I forgot to attach the file
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Ivan Kalina
Occasional Contributor

2 Lary: thank you for the advice, i'll try this. If you remember a link on how to push it onto CD media - this would be great:)

2 Gary: Lot of thanks, too, my USB Floppy is compatible with Windows according to KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916196 (IBM option part number 27L4226, FRU 05K9283)
but i supposed usb floppy is not seen as a:
(Or 2) windows x64 has no drivers for usb floppy; 3) USB Floppy is out of order etc.) Doesen't matter.
Nevertheless Intel RAID drivers are ok.