ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753774 Members
6960 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML 110 G5 - No Direct3D with Matrox G200e on Windows 2K3 SBS Standard

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fontana Veronique
Occasional Advisor

Proliant ML 110 G5 - No Direct3D with Matrox G200e on Windows 2K3 SBS Standard

Good evening everybody,

I cannot solve the Direct3D with Matrox G200e on my SBS 2k3. I have installed the original drivers found on the HP DVD and it seems to be good but when I try to make the tests with DirectX, I see that Direct3D is disable (in gray) into the DirectX tests.

In 2D, it's ok and after trying all the drivers found into the HP Website with the exception of the drivers 64 bits of Matrox, because my system is 32 bits, always the same.

Do you know a solution to fix this issue ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Alvaro Espinoza
Advisor

Re: Proliant ML 110 G5 - No Direct3D with Matrox G200e on Windows 2K3 SBS Standard

Hi Veronique...

Can you check how many memory you've assigned to the video controller? Did you also check that both OS and driver match? I think that could be an issue.. if you have this on french then it's proper to select french drivers.

Now, if Direct 3D is grayed out then could be the capacity of the video controller, remember that usually servers doesn't have enough video memory..
Fontana Veronique
Occasional Advisor

Hi Alvaro,

Sorry for my later reply. Too much work, to little time ... your know ...

Well, I have tested the video driver on the HP cd.

By chance, I found that my screen was slow and just after, see that the Direct3D was disable (in gray) into the DirectX tests.

After the installation of the raid software monitor, I think that the driver of my video was impacted. So I have reinstall it from the HP CD. All is good except for the 3D.

But know, the first question is : Is this video card support the Direct3D, it's a server and perhaps that it is normal.

What do you think about that ?
quaquaraqua
Solution

I have an ML310 G5 with an ATI ES1000 video chip with 32mb assigned and I have the same situation, under SBS2003 (servicepacked and winupdated) dxdiag.exe has the "test direct3d" button grayed out too. It displays D3D version 9.0c. Servers always have old and cheap graphic cards, so it seems that with the latest versions of DirectX those old cards have D3D disabled by the system because they are not powerful enough for the features of 9.0c and newer.
Fontana Veronique
Occasional Advisor

Hi quaquaraqua,

Thanks for your information. In fact, I think the same. A server don't need a powerful video card. I think it's normal.

Thanks a lot !