108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML 150 - Another Processor Upgrade - Issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
J.Parthiban
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML 150 - Another Processor Upgrade - Issue

When i upgrade my proliant ml150 fron umiprocessor to Dual xeon 2.4 Ghz Processor, the CMOS setup shows that system has 4 CPU Count. HEnce the windows 2000 server task manager also shows that the server has 4 CPU Count.

How do i reslove this issue???
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
Please go into the Advanced options of the BIOS and disable Hyper Threading. This will resolve your issue. Please let me know how you make out.

Regards,
J.Parthiban
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Sunil.

Now my server shows CPU Count is 2. I have an another doubt. Now we have disabled the Hyperthreding Feature. Will it affect the performance of the server. Does it mean that i can not use the intel's hyperthreading advantage?????
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,
If you are not using any application specific to the Hyper Threading then it won't make any difference. You can read more on HT by checking the attachment.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/technology/hyper-threading.html

Regards,
Mike Ludwig
Frequent Advisor

Don't quit understand why Sunil always tells people to diable it. I'd leave it on personally. Granted you probably wont get any performance inprovment with 2k not sure about 2003. It also depends on your drivers and what apps you're running. If you have any unexplained problems then make disableing Hyperthreading a first step in troubleshooting. Otherwise I'd just leave it alone.