3450 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML10 DisplayPort Audio

TotalGriffLock
Occasional Collector

Proliant ML10 DisplayPort Audio

Hi,

I am using a Proliant ML10 Gen9 as a high-end workstation, one of its advertised uses. The computer has 2 DisplayPort 1.2 graphics outputs. DisplayPort should carry audio via the Intel HD Graphics (the graphics drivers should install drivers for Intel HD Audio) however this does not seem to happen on this computer. As a result Windows reports no playback/audio devices and no sound gets sent to the DisplayPort device. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers. I know the monitor supports DisplayPort audio as I have another device using the same Intel HD Graphics drivers which can output audio through the monitor. I have verified that the connection between the computer and the monitor is good, both the Intel drivers and the monitor report that the connection is DisplayPort not DVI (so it's not a cabling issue). I believe that HP have disabled the audio functionality in their Intel HD Graphics implementation. There are no BIOS options around audio functionality to enable/re-enable.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
John

4 REPLIES 4
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

The audio feature is not available because this device is not a desktop or workstation.

You can use usb sound card.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

TotalGriffLock
Occasional Collector

Yeah that makes sense. Quite infuriating knowing that all the required parts are there to do what I want to do but HP have chosen to disable it so I have to buy more hardware.

Never mind!

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I'm not sure the 'requied parts' are there. While display port may be able to carry audio, I'm not sure the sound card interface is on the systemboard..

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
TotalGriffLock
Occasional Collector

In the case of DisplayPort the audio is processed by the GPU. It's an Intel GPU, I doubt HP have removed parts of it.