6253 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML110 G2 - Adaptec RAID

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chaim

Proliant ML110 G2 - Adaptec RAID

I have just finished setting up a Proliant ML110 G2 with an install of SBS2003 SP1. This machine was delivered to my customer with the add on Adaptec PCI Raid card & 2 HDDs configured as RAID 0.

We thought it necessary to have this configured as RAID 1 Mirror for redundancy. I have now reconfigured the Adaptec Controller Card and installed SBS2003 using nLite as described in another post. Thank you to the guy who provided this info because adding a floppy drive to the system still got error messages after pressing F6 and trying to load the RAID Driver.

My questions are:

1. Is there a monitoring program that runs in Windows that will report on the health of the 2 drives in the array?

2. When booting the machine the Adaptec info says Build/Verify. Is this correct?
The drives are located in 2 removable (hot swap) bays and the 2 green lights flash on and off together once the OS has loaded.
Is this correct?
Thanks
Chaim Lee
Just fix it!
5 REPLIES 5
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Chaim,

You could use HP SATA RAID Controller Manager for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003 to view and manage the Array.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24806.html

Regards,
Raj.
Chaim

Are there any other monitoring tools I shoudld be downloading from HP to help monitor other aspects of this SBS 2003 Server?
Just fix it!
nurascorpio
Regular Advisor

Hi Chaim,

You can try the HP Insight Diagnositc Offline edition to keep a tab on the functionality of the server.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1068499&admit=-682735245+1161069652910+28353475

Regds
NS
Chaim

Another question:

This server came with only one CD-ROM and No RW or Backup Tape drives.

I have replaced the CD-ROM drive with a LG DVD +/-RW. Now the BIOS does not correctly identify the drive and will not boot from a CD placed in it. Windows knows the drive type correctly.

I am thinking of Flashing the CMOS. Will this fix the problem of incorrect IDE drive recognition?
Just fix it!
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Hi Chaim,

1. Try to Restore Factory Defaults and check if that helps.

2. Update the Firmware for the ML110 G2 System BIOS.

3. If Issue still exists Update the Firmware for the LG DVD +/-RW.

This should help to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Raj.