cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant ML110 G2 raid setup but HDD's not found by SBS 2k3

Peter Hartley
Occasional Visitor

Proliant ML110 G2 raid setup but HDD's not found by SBS 2k3

When changing the 80GB SATA drives over I caused an error on the main one and then put it back into the server without realising. Mirroring kicked in and long story short I have to re-install SBS 2k3 from scratch. The windows setup is not detecting that the hard drives are there however.
2 REPLIES
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML110 G2 raid setup but HDD's not found by SBS 2k3

This is a common and documented problem with SBS. Microsoft has a work around for you to make sure the install gets all the correct drivers loaded during the install. I'll see if I can find you the link
Hot Swap Hard Drives
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML110 G2 raid setup but HDD's not found by SBS 2k3

We have run into this before with customers, that is why we know first hand your pain.

You can not use the SmartStart with SBS. You have to do a manual install or the incorrect driver set is used by the OS during install. HP does not fully support SBS and SBS is so automated that it has no way to be flexible.
a special installation instruction written by HP that describes the installation using the SmartStart-CD. This is mentioned there as "the supported setup method".
Here is the link:
http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00208458/c00208458.pdf
Hot Swap Hard Drives