cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant ML110 G5 SATA RAID driver for Windows 2003 server

frinchis
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML110 G5 SATA RAID driver for Windows 2003 server

I've got a Proliant ML110 G5 (part number 455948-075) and I'm trying to install Windows 2003 server on a RAID1 disk set.

I've enabled SATA RAID in BIOS, then at reboot pressed F8 to enter RAID config and properly set there a RAID1. So far so good.

I've got a USB floppy and put there the drivers for the controller, pressed F6 at windows boot, loaded the driver and follow the initial windows load, but then windows does not recognize any installed HD. I've tried some different drivers: the ones on the CD, some other downloaded from HP website, etc, but none of them seem to work.

Apart from this, if I try to set it up with the Easy Setup CD that comes with the server, an error is shown: "The primary controller configured in your system is not supported by this version of Easy Setup CD". The controller shown in that screen is a "Intel 82801 SATA RAID Controller".

Does anybody have an url that points to the right drivers for this server?

Any help will be very appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Proliant ML110 G5 SATA RAID driver for Windows 2003 server

Hi, the O/S comes fully pre-configured on a recovery DVD.
http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=5697-7232a
it's free.

Thanks for answering.
That link is a Recovery DVD for a Storage Server (not my version). I purchased the Proliant without a preinstalled OS.
What I need is just a valid SATA RAID driver for windows 2003 (the ones that I found don't work).
frinchis
Occasional Contributor

Issue solved.

I've been trying to install a Windows 2003 with embedded SP2 which failed to recognise the RAID drive. Switch back to a previous SP1 version solved the issue, and now the driver works.
frinchis
Occasional Contributor

See my previous post.