1752565 Members
5611 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML110 G5 Storage Controller Software

Pete Perry
Advisor

Proliant ML110 G5 Storage Controller Software

The Proliant ML110 G5 does not come with any storage controller software nor is anything posted on the server support web page. I tried the one for the G4 but it doesn't recognize the SATA RAID controller. Does anyone have any suggestions?
48 REPLIES 48
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

you mean this one does not work for your SATA Controller?

HP SATA RAID Controller Manager for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3186395&prodNameId=3279681&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-1db805423c09431da25c4332d4

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Pete Perry
Advisor

No it does not. Not on the Proliant ML110 G5.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

just to be sure can you add the type of controller you have in that server?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Pete Perry
Advisor

It's recognized in Device Manager if that's what you mean. If not are you saying within HP Storage Controller I can add it?
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

about the controller, in MSG there is "Intel 82801IR ICH9R". I think that storage manager must find the controller if RAID is enabled in the BIOS...the alternative is to use the intel matrix storage manager which can help :

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/CS-020670.htm

Regards,
Pac
Pete Perry
Advisor

The embedded SATA RAID storage controller is an Adaptec chipset, not Intel. However, I noticed the Windows RAID driver is "Microsoft's" Adaptec driver and not Adaptec. I tried installing the Adaptec driver using the driver from the G4 series and it doesn't recognize the controller. I think this is where the problem lies. I'm going to check out the CD that came with the server to see if its on there.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The device will ID as "Intel 82801IR ICH9R", and yes it does have Adaptec chipset also.

The controller in the G5 has a different chipset so the driver for the G4 will not work.

I don't know why, but there has been some issues getting the drivers posted to the support web.

Do you need just the drivers, or do you need the drivers and HP Storage Manager? Also what OS do you need them for?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Pete Perry
Advisor

I'm showing Adaptec Serial HostATA RAID in Device Manager. The driver is aarahci.sys with version 1.4.17010. The OS is Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 and has all the lastest service packs and updates.
Pete Perry
Advisor

I confirmed the driver I have installed is from the installation CD that came with the ML110 G5. Since the chipset is different than the G4, my speculation is the HP Storage Controller software simply does not support the G5 RAID cotroller and HP needs to update so it does. This is likley why HP does not have the software posted on their web site nor on the installation CD.