1748197 Members
2731 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML110 G5 Storage Controller Software

Ju_1
Occasional Advisor

Yes, it looks like they haven't be released yet. Anyone know who we can lobby at HP to get something done about it!?

Would re-engineering these Linux drivers to work in Windows be:

a) foolhardy?
b) worth spending the time on?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

SATA RAID drivers applicable to this generation of the controller for other Linux distributions can be found using the search function on the Business Support Center page. Search for aarahci

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Ju, since the Linux drivers are binary only and do not include source code re-engineering them wouldn't be an easy task. Call Tech Support, they may know when the drivers will be released
Ju_1
Occasional Advisor

Rather than call, I'd prefer to email them and ask them about it. Don't fancy queueing for ages!

Do you know of an email address that I can email them about this specific problem?

TIA,

Excentus, Corp

We are having no luck getting either StorMan or hrconf to recognize the integrated raid controller. We are running RHEL4u6. Just finding the right driver took an act of congress. Where can I find deployment instructions or installation instructions with some detail on getting the raid to work? We have over a dozen calls into HP and also had a tech out to help us resolve this issue. I am beginning to find it very hard to believe this is truly a certified product on Red Hat with all of the issues we have encountered with the raid controller.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The Red Hat certification was done with the raid disabled.
Ecentus Corp.

I have installed both RHEL and SLES on this system using the RAID controller.

If hrconf isn't seeing the controller, then I'd suspect you don't have the RAID functioned enabled in RBSU. When the system goes through POST do you see the F8 prompt to configure the RAID?

To enable RAID, during POST press F9 to go into RBSU and under advanced options select Embedded SATA RAID and enable it.

I reposnded to your other thread with the driver and DUD image location. Context of other thread below

Not sure why the latest driver isn't listed for the ML110 G5, but the DL160 G5 uses the same aarahci driver and the U6 versions of the drivers are listed there. Both the driver and the DUD image

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3580695&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3580694
&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2025

Ken Kwan
Occasional Contributor

I can confirm that Windows Server 2008 works on the SATA RAID 1 configuration.

I was able to install and boot to the RAID 1 array after applying these 2 workarounds:

1) downgrade the BIOS version to 2007.09.27 as referenced in this forum thread. This resolves the F8 Array Config utility problem during POST:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1210118

2) During install when prompted to load the storage driver, you must use the version designed for Windows 2003 (not 2008).Choose the appropriate driver depending on the version of Win 2008 you are installing.

The version required for Win 2008 x64 is Version: 1.4.17015.0 (18 Jan 2008).

Also remember to set the new array as bootable in the ACU in Step 1 above.

Good luck.
Ken

Excentus, Corp

After pulling down th0se drivers and trying to use them, the m/b got hosed up and had to be replaced. F8 would not even function.
I have a new m/b, BIOS config'd for RAID, Array config'd and mirrored. Tried loading with a driver disk and without. Without, the OS loads fine but the RAID controller is not recognized by hrconf to be able to do support of the controller. When trying to load the OS using dd and raw-writing the driver to a floppy, the installer does not recognize the HP driver as a good driver.

How can the unit be Red Hat certified if all components of the hardware are not fully functioning?