4728 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML110 G5 TWO Unknown Devices

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

let me ask you main components are recognized in Device manager I mean? CPU, USB, video, NIC card, ...??

also you have the latest updates in that Windows 2003?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327756/en-us

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I meant latest Service Pack for R2 is installed?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb229701.aspx

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Pete Perry
Advisor

All the general compoments (NIC, video, RAID, etc.) are recognized and funtioning. It's a new installation so I have every service pack (including SP2) and update installed. In fact the server is functioning fine and there are no errors in the event logs.

I have a theory the OS is seeing a new compoment on the motherboard on the G5's that needs a Null driver just as the Lights Out when the module is not installed. Perhaps the "HP 4/8 Internal Port SAS HBA with RAID and SCxxGe?"
Pete Perry
Advisor

Please note in my initial posting I had two unknown deives, one being the HP NULL IPMI Controller of which I installed the driver. I'm still left with one unknown.
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

Pete Perry
Advisor

I've updated the BIOS as well. It was the first thing I did when I setup the server.
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

Please double click on the "Unknown device" and tell what exactly comes up as far as the details are concerned
Pete Perry
Advisor

ACPI\HPI0002\0
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the information!

Please boot into SAFE MODE and delete\uninstall the entry "Unknow device" from the device manager and reboot the server.

This shoud automatically install the driver. Try to scan for hardware changes as well if the driver is not installed automatically.