1745882 Members
4485 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML110 G5 heart beat light blinking

Piero 00100

Proliant ML110 G5 heart beat light blinking

Hi everybody,

Something strange happens after I've tried to install a PCI Express card.

The server turns on just when I plug in the AC and then motherboard's light heart beat start blinking and nothing happen.

I reset the memory, CMOS and all the cables but I can't still access to the bios or install an operating system.
Someone's can help me to find the problem here.

Thanks in advance.

piero
6 REPLIES 6
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant ML110 G5 heart beat light blinking

What kind of PCI-E Card do you have and what is it used for? Did you check if that card is compatible? Heart beat? There are many LEDs in the server wich one one starts blinking, hard drive activity, power? Is it blinking amber, green, red? Insight the system board or in the front panel?

Check the ML110 G5 User Guide on page 80 "Status LEDs" and let us know:
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01187581/c01187581.pdf
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Piero 00100

Hi,

So the system board indicators 1 and 2 are green and management controller heartbeat is blinking green.

I've already take out the PCI Express card. It's a Sunix SATA 2400P and I wanted to install two ATA HD to the server.

thank you in advance.

piero
seraos

hi,

I had the same problem, someone knows how to solve?

Thansks
Piero 00100

Hi,

Finally I had to call HP support in order to change the motherboard, once they did it, everything was fine.

Regards.
Phenom

My problem the same the Management controller heartbeat is blinking, and a 3 short beep when press power on. I just 2 SATA hardisk so that i can build RAID. Please anyone help me on this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.
ADO_11
Advisor

I believe the issue will be either with the SPI card or possibly motherboard. If its in warranty with HP then they can help u in replacing free of cost otherwise a charge will be tehre. Incase of mother board i suggest to take help of HP completely.

Suyash Agarwal