ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753856 Members
7539 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML110 G6 Embedded SATA RAID - how to configure?

ssewb smith

Proliant ML110 G6 Embedded SATA RAID - how to configure?

I've read everything before purchasing this unit and found on arrival that the maintenance and service guide doesn't match what's in the BIOS. When I enable hard disk controller for ACHI or RAID, I'm not prompted for the Array Config Utility. I'm not sure if its even possible because I don't find any embedded RAID drivers for Win2003 or Win 2008 Server on website. I also ran across a Google search stating that fakeRAID was disabled in this unit, but BIOS option never removed.

I want to load Win2003 R2 Standard. I have 2 x 160Gig SATA drives and want to RAID 1 for mirroring. All the product documentation states its possible. I did downgrade BIOS from 12/14/09 to version on website dated 11/18/09, which is the latest available on web and curious why factory ships newer version not available to public. Older BIOS doesn't have ACU option either.

When I boot Easy CD Setup and run Insight Diagnotics are start OS load, they both see hard drives as IDE controller. No RAID option there either.

Any suggestions from those in the know would be greatly appreciated, as always. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hmm no raid here unless get the smart controller look here page 14 excert

SAS Controller
NOTE: Support for SAS hard drives/tape drive requires selection of a SAS controller.
NOTE: Support for RAID levels requires selection of a SAS controller.
Smart Array P212 Controller
HP P212/256 MB Smart Array Controller FIO Kit

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13477_na/13477_na.pdf

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)

Anuar Obreg├│n
Frequent Advisor

Donwload current BIOS Firmware.

It enables RAID on the Motherboard.