New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML110 G7 - Illegal OpCode Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
PhillHopkins74
Occasional Collector

Proliant ML110 G7 - Illegal OpCode Error

Hi.

I have recently decided to rebuild my server and wanted to disable the hardware RAID so I could use software RAID in a Ubuntu installation. So I disabled the embedded B110i controller in the PCI Device configuration menu.

The server rebooted and during POST I received the 'Illegal OpCode error' message with a red background. I've attached a screenshot that shows a similar message.

The following URL describes exactly what I have done and how to repair, I need to find the system maintenance switch to reset the NVRAM and hopefully get back into BIOS setup.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03481454&prodSeriesId=5075942

Can anyone tell me where on the motherboard the system maintenance switch is located so that I can jumper position 6 to reset NVRAM.

Thanks in advance

Phill

2 REPLIES 2
wanhao
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi:

There are two ways to clear system board NVRAW.

One is to use of a maintenance swtich as you mentioned above,and the switch is located on the "2" position in the picture below.

Switch

And the other way to clear NVRAM is to use of a SmartStart CD,you can set the systemboard to factory defaults with "System Erase" tool in smartstart CD,but be sure you only select the option clear NVRAM.

Good luck,manя╝Б

PhillHopkins74
Occasional Collector

Hi Wanhao.

Thanks for taking the time to highlight the specific parts on the schematic. That one of the smallest DIP switch arrays I have ever seen.

NVRAM now reset and all is as it should be. Lesson learned, don't disable the controller entirely. Select an appropriate operating mode, ie AHCI support.

Thanks again

Phill