3674 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML110 GEN10 error when installing Windows 2012 R2

ordnarf
Visitor

Proliant ML110 GEN10 error when installing Windows 2012 R2

Hello dear friends,  

I'm having problems installing Windows Server 2012 R2.

I Have a Proliant ML110 G10, with two Sata LFF hard drive, configured with RAID1

I have tried to use intellingent provisioning, but it cancel when is getting files ready for instalation. (I have try using different ISO and DVD, same result)

Also i have tried to do the install without the intelligent provisioning and also cancels in the same part. and server shows a red blinking light

Do you have any idea

6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Is there any error message on screen?

You may try the following links for help:
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00038216en_us
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00038330en_us

I would suggest to get the server to its Default Configuration from BIOS/RBSU and/or from the System Maintenance Switch S6 (page# 75) to Clearing NVRAM.

Then reconfigure RAID and try to install OS.

If this fails, you may perform server diagnositcs and contact HPE Support if required.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ordnarf
Visitor

Hello, thank you for your answer, i've tried that and nothing worked, it looks that is a problem with the smart array, because i was able to install windows when i disable the smart array suport in the rbsu

but with this configuration i cant have a RAID.

i already have updated the BIOS and everything with the SPP ISO

if you have another idea I'm all ears, well in this case, I'm all eyes

and no, there is not any error message on the screen, only the windows installation gets cancelled

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You didn't mention what controller you are working with. If it is the HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID controller you will need this driver 
HPE Smart Array Gen10 Controller Driver for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1010192784&swItemId=MTX_0e32097fd9854926a0e0076c7a&swEnvOid=4184#tab-history

Keep in mind, this controller is a software based RAID controller. THe RAID function is controlled by a driver.  Not really any different than using the software RAID function built into th Windows OS itself

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
ordnarf
Visitor

hello, well sorry for not telling that before, but i already have tried that driver and is not working.

i have tried with intelligent provisioning and manual instalation loading the driver but the instalation stops in the same place.

i guess that i need a newer version of intelligent provisioning or a new driver

Unityusa2020

@ordnarf  Did you ever figure this out?

Ash21
Occasional Collector

ML110 GEN10 error when installing Windows 2012 R2

All,  The latest Dec 2020 Storage Driver Still does NOT work, for this Solution ! 

*** You cannot install Win 2012-R2 on the HPE ML-110 server. 

how to Fix Win 2012-R2 install on ML-110 server ??

Thanks, Ash