1753556 Members
5666 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML150 G2 Hard Drive problem

azsean
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML150 G2 Hard Drive problem

I've got a proliant ml150 G2 running windows 2003. raid-5, 146gig total drive, and 2 partition (C and D). Over the weekend I was doing the Windows Update. Then after the last update was installed, it required a reboot. After the reboot, the OS was coming to Windows LOGO, then reboot itself. It kept continuously doing that until after 10th reboot, i got an error. Disk error read (press control-alt-del).

I did have the backup. So I load the windows 2003 server CD, installed the OS in my C drive fine. After installation was completed, I deleted my D partition. Then tried to format it, and noticed it gets stuck in 3% and locks up the server. It somehow freezes the server and the only thing I need to do is cold boot. Even while it is locked up, I can ping it, but cannot access any other process, run any application, anything.

Do I have a bad drive in there?
If so how can I identify which bad drive is since it's SATA drives.

Also is there a HP hardware inventory tool that can run in windows to gives you detailed description of the server including firmwares, etc.

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
marcus1234
Honored Contributor
azsean
Occasional Contributor

Re: Proliant ML150 G2 Hard Drive problem

Thanks alot for the link. I downloaded that lastnight and after running it, somehow it wouldn't detect my raid storage card. Then after several tries, I gave up.

This morning I tried to format my 2nd partition to give it a 2nd try. However I selected quick format. It did quick format successfully. So then I tried to do regular format again and after 3% it locked up the server where I had to do cold boot.

At this point, I am not sure if I should redo the raid, swap all the drives, or is this normal behavior for quick format.

I already have applied latest bios, raid firmware, etc.

thanks again!

Any suggestions?