1752730 Members
5583 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant ML150 G3

Danel_1
Frequent Advisor

Proliant ML150 G3

I want to install Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 on the ml150 G3 on a raid1 built under the HP Embedded SATA Controller.

I use à Floppy USB with the Sata Controller Driver , boot on the cd Server , hit F6 to load into memory the driver, accept the license , create my partition (NTFS) and after the setup ask a second time the Sata Controller driver and nothing !

No Floppy access !..

I have the same problem with the SAS / Sata PCIx Controller.

Can anyone help me to undestand and find a workaround.

Thank

Didier DANEL
7 REPLIES 7
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML150 G3

Hello Danel,

For some,the installation seems to work first time.
Few users have posted different issues while installation.
Will search for those links,its a weekend now.

In the meanwhile you could:

1.Enable Raid option under the Controller in the BIOS if its not done.

2.Disable USB Legacy mode in BIOS and see if USB floppy works.

3.If above 2 does'nt work,slipstream service pack and raid controller drivers into the base OS and install.This is so far been the best and successful approach on 100 series server.

4.www.nliteos.com/guide

5.http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/01/how_to_slipstre.html
Though this one is for Xp,the method is more or less the same.

SRH
Jorge L Gomez

I have the same problem, I need to install Windows 2000 server on a HP ML150 G3and also onto a HP DL140 G3, but i got the same error.

The ML150 G3, have one processor

I tried the "nliteos" solution suggested and the install process continues until the installer reboots the system, then I got the message:
0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

What model of USB floppy drive ?
Had you tried different brand ?
try f you have one
Danel_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello ,

I confirm that the installation of windows 2000 or 2003 run correctly with a floppy usb (SFD-321U/HP ; 254304-001) when i work with Jbod volume (Sata Raid Disable internal or external controller).

For me it's bug of bios or a bad patameters in Bios , but i don't find.

Thanks for any help
Michael Galdones

To Mr. Jorge

Hi!It seems that we have the same issue with DL140G3.Have you found a way so far in installing Windows 2000 Server?
I already used the nlite software but i still get BSOD..

If you have solution, please share it.

Thanks...
Jorge L Gomez

Michael:

It finally works, I have two DL140 G3, with two SAS discs in Raid 1, I download the "U320 SCSI Adapter, SAS/SATA HBA with RAID and SCxxXe series HBA Driver for Windows 2000" join it with the nlite software, I choose text version of the driver, I made the ISO and burn the CD.

Then I attached an IDE CDROM to the IDE Bus, and connect it with an external power supply. Boot the server from the CD, and it completes the installation.

Before the installation, I tried a lot of times with nLite: W2k + drivers + hotfixes + SP3/SP4, but no good results, so I update all firmware availables on drivers page: Bios, storage controller and Lights-out.

I think I've tried the final solution before, but it didn't work, so I guess the firmware updates helps.
Danel_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi ,

You must use only the 391091-001 floppy usb drive.
With this floppy Windows 2000 , 2003 and 2003R3 can be installed successfully with the F6 method during setup to add the good driver.

this test was run with the sas/sata Pcix controlleur (Lsi).

Best regards.
Didier Danel