6059 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML150 G6 Problem with firmware upgrade

Karlis_Latvia
Occasional Advisor

Proliant ML150 G6 Problem with firmware upgrade

Hi!

I have a Proliant ML150 G6 server with 2 processors, 4 GB of RAM, a P212/ZM (Zero Memory) RAID controller card and 4 500 GB SATA drives in RAID 1+0.

I was able to successfully install MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition.

After the installation I decided to upgrade firmware using the Firmware Maintenance CD (version 8.70). I ran the firmware update software and updated the drivers from HP site. After the downloads were finished and updates were installed, I was prompted to restart the server, which I did.

Now, the server starts, HP Proliant splash screen appears, and then there's a message:

"The system only has generic SDR, system will REBOOT after update default SDR!!!

Flashing BMC SDR/CONFIG......Please wait.

DO NOT power cycle of reset the system, may take several minutes...."

The system shows this for a while, then "Done" appears and the machine reboots.

The problem is - the next time the server boots - it starts the same sequence over and over again.

How do I solve this?
5 REPLIES 5
Karlis_Latvia
Occasional Advisor
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello Karlis,
in dependencies for your bios is mentioned BMC FW (at least 4.21). Have you checked this?

jan
Karlis_Latvia
Occasional Advisor

Hi Jan,

First of all, thank you for answering me in such a short notice!

Did you mean this (http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884323&prodNameId=3884324&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-03ef024cd9d54fdb828bef4b70) update?

Yes, I tried to install it, but I am not sure that it did install correctly (or at all for that matter).

One more question - what is the "generic SDR"? Could this be related to my problem?
Karlis_Latvia
Occasional Advisor

Ok, I have found the Customer Advisory (As seen here: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01995737тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=3884323&prodTypeId=15351) for this problem.

Can anyone explain, what is the default (or "original") position for BMC Recovery Jumper and what is the Recovery position for this jumper?
Karlis_Latvia
Occasional Advisor

There was a problem with the hardware.

People in HP authorized service center changed the motherboard and now everything works as it should.

Thank you!