ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752572 Members
4546 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML150 G6 and VMware ESXi ver4?

pearlyshells
Advisor

Proliant ML150 G6 and VMware ESXi ver4?

Can I install ESXi4 on a Proliant ML150g6, 64bit Dual Core, 4gb system? If so, how?
13 REPLIES 13
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

installation will be possible, but the question is if you will have enough memory for the virtual machines.

PS : download a image from vmware.

mikap
pearlyshells
Advisor

thank you for your reply. I will only need to create 1-2 VMs, at most. So, I think the memory will be sufficient. The problem I am having, however, is that after the install and the reboot, it goes to a black screen with what appears to be the MAC Address. Then, it stops.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

which installation media did you use for installation, directly form vmware or modified from HP ???

mikap
pearlyshells
Advisor

Since it is an ESXi4, it is a free download from VMware. Does HP have its own branded ESXi4? If so, where can I get it?
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

pearlyshells
Advisor

thanks. Unfortunately, the HP documentation seems to indicate that for the ML150 G6 the ESXi4 is not supported....only ESX4 (the full version).
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hmmmm..

to do or no to do

The ML150 is only on the HCL for ESX 4 not ESXi
but look at the link

http://www.vm-help.com//esx40i/esx40_whitebox_HCL.php

and >>>>>>>>>>>
This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#3
pearlyshells
Advisor

interesting. Thanks. It seems that it may very well work. I will give it a try with the HP branded ISO. The VMWare ISO didn't work.
pearlyshells
Advisor

Bad news...even with the HP brand ESXi4 that I downloaded....it still installed and rebooted to the MAC address and hung there. So, maybe it doesn't work with ESXi, after all. Bad Luck. Luckily, My partner has a Dell PowerEdge T110 with QuadCore Xeon proc that will install this ESXi4 so I'll go with that instead. I was really hoping the ML150 G6 would work, however.