SOLVED
Go to solution
Dale Zink_1

Re: Proliant ML150 Rear Fan Replacement does not work

Per the HP ASE Support line you need this fan 373275-001 to fix the f1 error
Morton  Associates

"Per the HP ASE Support line you need this fan 373275-001 to fix the f1 error"

I'm not clear as to what this means - let me explain what I mean by that. :)

Is this is a way to get rid of the post error under the circumstances that both fans are sharing power split from the fron fan power connection?

Or something else?

Looking at this support page: "HP ProLiant ML150 G2 Server Series - Removing and Replacing the Rear Fan"

at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=435422&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=435422&objectID=c01462932

it calls for part number 372787-001 -

So thats why I'm guessing that your post relates to a situation in which I described.

Can you verify?

Thank You - much appreciated.
JQ Becker

Same Problem!

I connected the supposedly failed fan to a different machine,and it came on just fine!

I put a new fan into the ML150 G2, and it does not work either.

I'm going to try to flash the BIOS, see what happens. Let you know.
D Todd
Occasional Advisor

"I'm going to try to flash the BIOS, see what happens. Let you know"

You haven't let us know. Did it help?

I have the same problem.
Baf
Occasional Advisor

I'm also interested, did flashing of BIOS help you?
Rosworth

I have the same problem. Someone said they were planning on flashing the Bios. Is there any feedback as to whether this was done and if it made a difference?
Jim_McCarthy
Advisor

I have an ML150 G2 that suddenly began showing these same symptoms. I have installed the "not working" rear fan in another ML150 G2 where it worked fine, and likewise I tried another (known working) rear fan in the first ML150 G2 where I found it did not function, with same "press F1 to continue" error message at boot.

Based on posts in this forum thread and others, I have updated the flash BIOS to the latest version (2006.06.30 A), but in answer to the questions here, this DID NOT fix the problem with the non-working rear fan.

Is the only solution to power the rear fan using a Y-cable that allows tapping into a motherboard connection for one of the CPU fans (my ML150 G2 machines have dual CPUs, and dual CPU fans) or the front fan ? Would there be any value in keeping fan speed sensing wire for the rear fan still connected to the original rear fan connector on the motherboard ?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions,

-- Jim
Plan: Learn to play guitar in dulcimer tuning (guitcimer) and become a guitcimaritan.
D Todd
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately powering the fan from a different connector won't solve the main problem (for me anyway), which is the inability to allow automatic updates or restart the server remotely because it just sits at the press F1 to continue screen.

Can you confirm that there is no option in the upgraded BIOS to ignore error.

I think with the number of people with this problem there is a design fault with the motherboard.

Thanks.
Jim_McCarthy
Advisor

D Todd --

See my 24-Feb-2010 reply on this parallel thread:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1392183

Hope that helps !

-- Jim
Plan: Learn to play guitar in dulcimer tuning (guitcimer) and become a guitcimaritan.
D Todd
Occasional Advisor

Jim,

That's great, if works it solves my problem.

I am on customer site tomorrow so will check it out then and reply back.

Regards.