1753808 Members
7753 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML150

pym1
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML150

Try to reinstall Server 2003 on a Proliant ML150,but setup does not found my hard disk drives .2 Sata drives are installed and they are working
4 REPLIES 4
Mauro Rusignuolo
Trusted Contributor

Hi pym1,

are your HDs in raid?
may you say the right model of your ML150?
have you changed somethings in your HW configurations from the first installation?
if yes... may be yu, right now, are not able to reinstall your OS following the same steps you made in the past.

let me know.

bye.

TJK
<> Leonardo da Vinci
pym1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, no raid has been install yet,the server is brand new.My customer tried to install the OS himself but when it came the time to choose for a partition ,he choose the wrong one (9gb only) ,Now i try to reinstall everything to use the full capacity of the hard disk (160GB) but when i try to reinstall it with the HP windows server 2003 r2 CD (come preinstall in the server)the hard disk drives are not found.It's a Proliant G3 ML150 with xeon 5120 and 160GB SATA
Thank for your time
Mauro Rusignuolo
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
I see.
so, the OS was pre-installed.
I think that the server, with the "wrong" choosen partition, right now, is normally booting; right?
I read you have, anyway, the CDs to proceed with a new one installation.

With the information you give to me, I'm not able to give you a unique answer for solve your problem.

Have you tried to install the OS on a new one HD?

let me know.

Bye

TJK
<> Leonardo da Vinci
pym1
Occasional Contributor

Thank Jacqual,i found what i was doing wrong,there was a SATA Raid installed in the motherboard. I hit F6 to install the driver and after that my hard disk drives was found.