1753742 Members
4975 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML310 G5 - No logical drives found

sergiotgn

Proliant ML310 G5 - No logical drives found

Hello,

I have a proliant ml310 G5 (445336-421) with Embedded SATA RAID controller. And I have 2 SATA hot-plug hard disks.

When I start the ACU (Array Configuration Utility) with F8 it says "no logical drives" when I select the option Verify Drives.

The ORCA (Option Rom Configuration for Arrays) prompt doesn't appear anywhere so I can't hit F8 and create the volumes.

I suppose that I have to configure the RAID before I install the OS. If I'm wrong please you could tell me?

Thanks for the help in advance!
7 REPLIES 7
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML310 G5 - No logical drives found

> I suppose that I have to configure the RAID before I install the OS.

That's correct. The OS does not see the physical drives since they are connected to the raid controller which is a separate subsystem within the server. When you create the logical drives within the raid controller, the controller makes them available to the OS as regular disks.
sergiotgn

Thank TTr but, what should I do now?

The ORCA prompt doesn't appear anywhere so I can't hit F8 and create the volumes.

See you
TTr
Honored Contributor

Apparently this being a basic system is somewhat different. Take a look on page 47-48 about RBSU on the user guide http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01272003/c01272003.pdf
sergiotgn

I've seen these pages three times and it say "To change any ORCA default settings and override the auto-configuration process, press the F8 key when prompted."

And this is the problem that the server doesn't show the ORCA prompt so I can't hit F8.

Sorry but I need an answer more acurate. Also I'm very grateful for your help.

TTr
Honored Contributor

Hmmm, did you notice the RBSU on page 47?
sergiotgn

Yes I saw it!! but I don't see the solution.

Here, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00191707/c00191707.pdf, you can see the RBSU configuration flow.

After the configuration of the RBSU, when you reset you can hit F8 and I don't see de prompt. Also without the prompt I hit it, and nothing happens.

Thanks
sergiotgn

Thank you TTr,

I solved this problem. It was the SAS/SATA card. The HP support help me by phone and I only had to update the firmware and BIOS for HP SAS/SATA of my card.

This is the link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3716250&swItem=MTX-074eab36fc5848e19956e38e7c&prodNameId=3716251&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

Best regards.