1753474 Members
4562 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML310

John Dixo

Proliant ML310

I work for a small It company and one of our customers has brought in a Proliant ML310.
Apparently he tried upgrading the memory using std DDR, which obviously wont work.
My question is . . . I know that it needs ECC registered memory, but can i use non-registered ECC to upgrade it??
Obviously the price difference being ┬г81 from a whopping ┬г210.
ANyones prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

John
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

There is only one rule with memory for all servers - system ROM: Up to date - if it works - good; not, than in your case, you need with Advanced ECC capabilities, PC2100 DDR SDRAM or original to manufactory specifications third party (not guaranteed)
John Dixo

so then non-registered ecc should work!!

He'll be happy about that!!

Thanks KOV

John
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi John

Mixing memories of different specs is not recommended. You may try to unplug original memory and use all non-registered ECC Modules to upgrade.

Regards
Mahesh
John Dixo

would that work for sure???? If i unplug all the old registered ECC and put in non-registered 1x1gb & 1x512mb in the machine???

im worried about this you see as its bloody expensive stuff. . . it no longer in warrenty so thats not a problem. HP specifically say that it's "untested" or is this bull to make sure you buy their products??