ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752782 Members
6623 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML310e G8 boot error, boot logical drive is configured but missing or offline

Sabrefish
Occasional Visitor

Proliant ML310e G8 boot error, boot logical drive is configured but missing or offline

Following a power outage the server will no longer boot up.  During bootup  I  get the following...

HP Dyanamic Smart Array B120i RAID Controller (v3.06.0m 0MB) 0 Logical Volume

1785-Drive Array Not Configured

Run Array Configuration Utility

Press <F5> to run HP Array Configuration Utility (ACU)

Press <ESC> to skip

**** Boot Logical Drive s configured but is Missing or Offline.

In ACU it shows 930GB available on the 1TB drive.  There are few article I found that mention going into F8 boot option and nothing fits in with the options available.

for example these

1. start the computer and wait till you see; "Press F8 to run option ROM configuration for Array utility"

2. Press F8, you will see the Main Menu, Select the last option "Select Boot Volume"

3. Select in  Direct attached storage,

4. if you see first logicar drive 01 select it .
   5. Press F8 To save Logical Drive 01 as Boot Volume.
   6. Press F8 to Exit and start with New Boot Volume.

I did find the following advisory but the controller isnt in the ones listed under Scope.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5177937&docId=emr_na-c04081865&docLocale=en_US

Also as  I mentioned, viewing the ACU screens refer to createing array and creating logicl volumes, no mention of setting boot order.  And going the the steps of creating the array and logical volumes seem it will wipe the data.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

S.

2 REPLIES 2
hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant ML310e G8 boot error, boot logical drive is configured but missing or offline

Hello,

You need to create a logical drive and build the raid. Press f10 to launch intelligent provisioning .

1785 is not error but an information message

Sincerly
Sabrefish
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the reply, will this wipe my OS install and other applications and  data.

S.