1753894 Members
7585 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML330 Does not boot

Joao Parim
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML330 Does not boot

My ML330 server (running Win2k Pro) is unable to boot. The fan locks in turbo mode and the screen stays blank. The server worked fine, but recently was shipped when we moved office. I'm suspecting hardware damage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML330 Does not boot

As every moving chased by stress, and might a number x of components not seated correctly, try to reset every component safely including CPU.
Joao Parim
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response KOV. What do you mean by "reset every component"? Do you mean physically remove and install every component or just check to see if there are any loose components?

I have no access to the system whatsoever which means I can't adjust any of the system. The screen is completely blank, I don't even get any boot prompt and the fan remains in Turbo mode.

I checked every component which seems to be seated correctly..and there does not seem to be any "loose parts" including the CPU. Would you suggest that I re-assemble all of the components? Many thanks...
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Take server to minimum Hardware Configuration, One memory module, one Processor, Pull every optional PCI card, Disconnect every data Cable from system Board, leave only Power to System Board, CPU and Memory piece. ML330 is that G1 or next? You might have to reset NVRAM at System Maintenance Switch. See side panel images.
Joao Parim
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a million KOV. I put it on min Hardware config, it booted OK. Then I reconnected everything and it works fine. Again, many thanks, J