1752580 Members
4035 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML330 G3 error installing win 2k3

Tando

Proliant ML330 G3 error installing win 2k3

my proliant server has raid 1 config.
drive 2 is dead, unfortunately I's still using it until the first drive was also degraded.
When I tried to rebuilt the array, it won't allow me, since this is raid 1 then I connect to enclosure then I did the scanning but all of the surface had a lot of bad sector.
so I installed a new harddrive still with the RAID 1 in degrade mode, I kept installing OEM windows server 2003, the problem occurred when I finished copying the windows files, after it restart, it came up 2 option :
Previous Windows ...(c:)
Windows UPGRADE/INStallation.
I let it go and then it will come out
" Setup could not determine the type of the computer you have ..."
and then there is an "Other" selection, when I click it, it said that textoem.txt is not available.

is this mean that the raid controller LSI is not installed on the harddrive and I need to copy it from the start smart CD into the floppy drive?
or use nlite to slipstreaming the text mode of the driver?

I really don't know anything at the server level.
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Hi, the txt.oem is the file needed for windows set up to be able to use the controller. SO you need to specify and install the driver needed. I actually did not understand quite good what the actual issue is. So maybe if you can clarify a little bit more I would be able to help.

Thanks,
\RaMpaNTe
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Tando

the raid 1 is broken, so I just attached only one new harddrive so tis raid 1 now is running use only single harddrive.
I tried to install win server standard 2003 with SP1, but never get it work.
I use start smart CD to do the installation and after installation it always gave me 2 choices :
1. Previous windows on C:
2. WIndows Upgrade/ install

when I used the 1 choice, it always kept restarting installation of the windows.
if I used the 2nd choices, it always gave me error code :

Setup could not recognize the type your computer have, and only had a "Other" Choice.
I clicked on it and it said that textsetup.oem is not available.

I also do the stand alone with creating driver based with floppy disk use start smart disk from another computer, and boot directly from the win server 2003 disk, but never went through the setup windows windows( hte blue screen with the lower left side said Setup will now start windows. and hang over there.

any suggestion?

use linux to boot up but can't recognize the disk.
also use the solaris to boot up but not recognize the disk.

I never deal with server before.

I wish somebody can give me any advice.
thank you.
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

That should be a driver problem can you let me know what controller you have in the machine so that I can send you a link with the driver you need in order to install the OS?
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Tando

thanks for your help unfortunately the problem is not the driver.
anyway I succeed to install it.