New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 E200i SmartArray Controller Fails To Initialise

crisol2007

What was solution? please!!!

PRPD
Occasional Visitor

I just had the same issue. I was told one of these three parts was my problem: battery, 128MB battery-backed write cache (BBWC) or system board.

My issues was a bad drive.

Sbrown
Valued Contributor

It's not a bad idea to pickup a spare P400 on ebay for $25 and get a new battery. The older P400 won't work without a cache board. The P410 of course will work without a cache board, just not a wise idea at all.

I've run a P400/p410 in an ML350 G5 and the performance was quite a bit faster with the larger 512/1gb BBWC than the E200i!

Ruffy
Frequent Visitor

Hi folks, the post error 1783 on ML350 G5 indicates that the embedded Smart array controller P200i is faulty; the same issue was encountered today with one of the customers. Support end recommended system board replacement. When my user saw the big he thought I came with a new server, when I told him it is system board he said he never requested for sys bd replacement but requested for array cache to be replaced. Anyway I replaced sys bd twice, it never resolved the issue not until I replaced the Memory Cache module of the array controller.

When I discussed with user to know more, he said they are having lots of ML350 G5 on several sites and whenever they face similar issue they only request for memory cahe replacement.

In the nearest future just start by replacing the memory cache, make sure your get the correct part number of the cache by verifying physically, once you repalce this the error will disappear, array controller will be fully initialised and detect your logical drives.

Dave_Petterson

Just for the record, I have had this exact fault today (Controller Failure) after replacing the Cache Battery, So then replaced Motherboard...no change...so replaced Cache Module itself and it is fine again...Phew. Try the Module first!

Alex72
Occasional Visitor

Hello, i have the same problem but in a DL380 G5, recently add a pair of SAS 300Gb hard disk, the error occur just when i connect this hard disk, with original hard disk, sas 146Gb doesn┬┤t occur this problem.

This is the error:

1783-Slot 3 Drive array controller failure.

I had to many problems to install OS its took about 4 hours to be installed, cause the error, i had to reboot to many times and system load, after if you need to turn off or reboot the server, the system can┬┤t be load cause this error.

When i connect the original hard disc its work fine, and the error does┬┤t appear.

This is the model of the hard disk.

507127-B21 HP 300GB 6G SAS 10K rpm 2.5-inch Dual Port Enterprise Hard Disk Drive

Regards.