108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 G2 Installation Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ardie Nazrie
Occasional Advisor

Proliant ML350 G2 Installation Problem

I try to install Windows 2003 Server at my server.This problem occured.
1. At startup,it detects 9-10 hard disks(i only have 2 hd)
2. When i try to setup Windows,it said that the HD is not Windows compatible partition.I've delete & recreate partition,the same message still appear.
3. When i try using SmartStart disc.It only loading at 25% then it goes to Linux screen.

Note: This server previously using Windows 2003 evaluation OS.I try to setup the full version of Windows.Please help.
6 REPLIES 6
Ardie Nazrie
Occasional Advisor

Anyone?Need Help
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

Hi Ardie,

"SmartStart...Linux" gives me an impression that you are using the version of Smartstart 7 Foundation Pack. I wonder what would have happened if you use the previous version of SmartStart (Server setup and management pack) to completely re-build from scratch?

Anyway, all recent Smartsmart should work with this server... but worth a try on the older versions!

Also, do you have any add-ons (i.e. extra SCSI/Smartarray controllers etc)?

Gus
Learning never ends
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Try to reconfigure the server. before that clear NVRAM/ CMOS then try to re configure the server.

for clearing the nvram put switch no 6 in on position then make server on. after same wait for while then make it default position then power on the server.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Ardie Nazrie
Occasional Advisor

Dear Guys,

Note: I'm using HP Smart Start 6.40 for Windows but why the Linux screen appear?I try using another CD but still encounter same problem.And no,i dont have any add-ons.

Prasant,
How to clear the CMOS? Switch no 6? Since i'm new to the server,may i know what is it?

Anyway,thank a lot for the reply guys.I really appreciate it.
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

Hi Ardie,

Since you have been successfully running Win2k3 Eval before and *nothing* has been changed physically (I assume you have also used the same SmartStart CD to setup Win2k3 Server), it is strange that suddenly it does not work.

Can you let us know the steps in bulletpoints how you start from scratch? Perhaps extra details on your hardware setup and disk connections may be helpful, too.

Just wondering if you have tried the Smartstart CD that came with the Server (despite of the fact that all recent SmartStart should work, version like v5.3 would be worthwhile to try).

Gus
Learning never ends
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

To Clear CMOS and NVRAM
There would be total 8 switch bank make 6th one to on start server. wait for a while it will display message at post for same .
power off server make it off then
Restart server again and check again.

Sorry for delay in reply.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible