ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752780 Members
6134 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 G2 Power Supplies

Joe Bomberger

Proliant ML350 G2 Power Supplies

I'm looking for circuit diagrams for the power supply. I have 3 of 4 PS's blowing the 4A input fuse, and I need to repair as opposed to replace. The Compaq part # is: 243406-001 or 249687-001. The circuit boards, as far as I can tell, were manufactured by LiteOn and that part number is: PS-5351-1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

save your time take it to repair shop or purchase used one. Very unusual G2 PSU fails in mass, all 3 failed in one system? you might have other problem with power backplane? if you find already LiteOn part number you can trace that way, as I know for sure you won't get diagrams from HP
Joe Bomberger

OK, I had 2 servers, and combined them into 1. 2 ps's didn't work when I combined the two servers. I've changed the PS backplain, and still its blowing fuses in the top PS. the systems was working fine in the shop. I had 2 of the 4 remaining that were in working order, then when I powered up the server at home, then "pop", I had both of the remaining ps's let go, or so I thot. I've still got 1 ps left, I tried to replace the 4A fuse in 1 of the units, and as soon as I applied power, it let go again. The least expensive I've seen, has been about $280. I was hoping to fix myself and save some (lots) of money.
Pavel Timofeev

I'm looking for the schematics too. I did a little research with tester: my power supply produces 3.6V on 3.3V bus under load. I beleive that is why my server doesn't start and power failure led on the front panel is on. Any idea where to find the diagramm?

P.S. As for the proposal to buy used PS - in Russian you won't find one. :)
Pavel Timofeev

Sorry - *in Russia you won't find one*