cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant ML350 G3

Faried Manan
Occasional Visitor

Proliant ML350 G3

Hi everyone, I would realy appreciate someone's help, to fault find my server. I tried downloading a manual from duplodocs, but what a mision, so I eventually gave up. I have no video out, even tried plugging a Matrox VGA card in PCI slot but still no video out. Monitor displays "No video or cable disconnected" in a square in its centre. The Fans come-on fullblast for first minute or so as per normal them dies down. I have dual CPU's, so removed 1 power regulator module, unplugged the harddrive bay, Tape streamer, Floppy and CD. So essentially, its very quite and I can only hear the Main PSU fan running. It's just the mother board with 1 CPU and 2 bars of RAM that are powered up. My 12v and 5 volts are there and stable. I have an orange/yellow LED between pair of RAM modules lit up on the mother board, right where the 15pin VGA adapter is. There's also a green light LED lit, next to the large multicoloured Power plug on the motherboard as well as the range orange LED on the front panel. Other than that there is no sign of life ans no beeps. Is there a jumper to disable the onboard video out? Or a diagnostics proceedure to follow to isolate the problem? A flowchart perhaps. Whatever help you can offer would be appreciated.