New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML350 G4P question

SOLVED
Go to solution
bfiver
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML350 G4P question

Hi,

I've a Proliant ML350 G4P server and I want to install a SCSI/RAID controller.

I choose a Adaptec 2200S. The question is, will it work fine? Are there any known working installations with this combo? I rather ask here before buying the controller.

By the way, the operating system is Linux.

Thanks.
B
4 REPLIES 4
raadek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant ML350 G4P question

Hi,

When you have an HP server then you are practically limited to HP-branded (& supported) options only.

Any kind of mixing a HP box with a non-HP part could lead to any sort of trouble (not working, working flimsy, etc.)

Here is the list of supported storage controllers for your server:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12199_div/12199_div.HTML#Options

Rgds
Don't panic! [THGTTG]
bfiver
Occasional Contributor

Thanks raadek. The link you pasted is really a lot of help for me. I've decided to buy a Smart Array 641 (291966-B21) HP controller. It's supported in the list you provided.

Thanks again.
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Hi Fiver,
It is a good card 641 that you have chosen, but since the ML350 G4P is known to be a storage server hence i would recommend to go for a 642, in this you will get an external port as well for some other scsi device (storage enclosure or backup device) however decision is yours this is just a suggestion.
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

If performance is important, then SA6402 would be more ideal plus add a duplex SCSI backplane (339323-B21) to split 6 drive slots into 4+2 --- two is always better than one!
Learning never ends