1753479 Members
4971 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 G4p OS reinstall - unable to boot Smartstart CD

mikemd
Occasional Visitor

Proliant ML350 G4p OS reinstall - unable to boot Smartstart CD

I had to completely redo this server running Server 2008 R2 due to system file corruption; I was unable to boot from the Smartstart CD, though I can boot from an Acronis boot disk and the 2008 R2 install DVD.  I had to do the install without HP drivers that I assume would be on the smartstart if it was used to install the OS.  How can I identify which Windows drivers need to be replaced by HP drivers for optimal performance?  I can identify available drivers and firmware updates for my server but have no idea which are needed.  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

mikemd
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for a rapid response!  Yes I am aware of this resource, but is there a system analysis tool to review the system drivers on my server to see which are not optimal and replace?  I am getting no (!) marks in Device Manager with current drivers.  Any further suggestions?  Thank you.

TTr
Honored Contributor

I have not heard of any tool that would do that. Of course there are plenty of spam-ads that claim there is a tool to update your drivers but I would not use any of those even if they paid me.

Other than that, you can go in the device manager for each piece of hardware and check the driver version and signature and decide if it needs updating. Or configure windows to automatically search for updated drivers. All these actions go through the Microsoft Update site.