4564 Online
108724 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 G4p + Windows 2000 Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
JBra

Proliant ML350 G4p + Windows 2000 Server

Windows 2000 Server refuses to be installed on my server! I use the drivers provided by hp site.

CASE 1
I insert Windows 2000 Server first release (no sp) to the dvd-rom, then I press F6 and then S to load scsi drivers. Windows copies necessary files and prompt for a reboot. Windows is loading, showing the logo but the blue screen "Inaccessible boot device" appears.

CASE 2
I slipstream sp4 with Windows 2000 Server. I press F6, S, load scsi drivers. Windows won't copy any file but say that no mass storage or hard drive found!!

CASE 3
I insert Windows 2000 Server first release and when I select which scsi drive I want to be installed, I replace the cd with the spipstreamed win2ksp4 cd. However, the blue screen appears again afterwards.

HELP!!!
7 REPLIES 7
Ruslan
Respected Contributor
Solution

Do you have Smart Start CD? You should try it first...
JBra

There were two cds in the box. The documentation and the other one with the drivers which says that is not bootable..
:(
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

>>>There were two cds in the box. The documentation and the other one with the drivers which says that is not bootable..

Strange. All Proliants we bought we received with SmartStart CD
Anyway, download SmartStart here
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24733.html
Greg Hansen

If you have a Windows 98 SE boot disk (Floppy or CD) boot from that create a small fat32 partintion (2 - 4 GB) and then you will have enough room for Microsoft to complete it's tasks. At the point of the installation on to the partition you can remove that partition and replace it with an NTFS partition.
Note: Get your Smart Start CD, it would make your job alot easier.
JBra

OK, I'll use StartSmart cd and I'll tell you if it worked out for me..
JBra

Thank you all very much!! The startsmart cd did the work for me! Win2000 Server were installed succesfully
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

>>Thank you all very much!! The startsmart cd did the work for me!

Say thanks with points:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#22