ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752586 Members
3967 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 G5 Powers On - No Display

dsmith3

Proliant ML350 G5 Powers On - No Display

I have a new ML350 that has been powered on once and then shutdown with the HP Smart Start disk in the DVD Drive to install windows. When I turned the server back on the server powered up and the fans started but the monitor is not receiving a video signal. The fans also stay running at high speed and the server will stay on until I hold the power button in to turn if off. All of internal health lights on the front of the server are green.

I tested the cable and component connections inside the server and verified that the monitor and cable were not the problem.

Looking at the leds on the motherboard I see the LED for AC power is green. There are two other leds that are flashing green on the motherboard that I can not identify from the guide with the server that appear to be labeled Port 84 MSB. I tried to find a guide that would list these LEDs meaning but I can not find anything.

Anyone know what these might mean or is the mobo or onboard video bad?
10 REPLIES 10
dsmith3

Also, When I power on the server the same set of leds of which the first and second led were flashing when powered down (which appears in a horizontal row of 8) change so that the second, fourth, and eight led in the row are solid green.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Are you getting any beeps when you turn on the server?
You can reset the System maintenance switch (number 6) to clear NVRAM or through RBSU, you clean the NVRAM too.

You might have to pull the memory and reseat it.
dsmith3

The system is not making any beeps when I turn the power on. I just tried reseating the ram and clearing NVRAM using the system maintenance switch. This produced no change in the systems behavior.
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Hi there :)

If you have 2 CPUs, try removing the second and power on the server.

If you have only 1 CPU, check the systemboard. If everything is green, just call HP and require a systemboard change.

Regards,
Jake M_1
Frequent Advisor

if it has one of the front monitor connections try using that...
Santiago Palazzo_1
Occasional Advisor

dsmith3

I have the exact problem that you have but with an ML370.

We change Power Supply , memos and system board, and nothing happens.

We will change processor

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Will the server beep without any DIMMs ?
Swap out the processor with good known ones.
Remove any PCI cards.

Once the server is up with Green LEDs, Are you able to PING the Server ?

Regards.
dsmith3

Well after more combinations of testing with known good processors and ram the problem appears to be one bad stick of ram and one bad processor. Ive got some replacements so the server is up and running great now. Thanks to everyone for the help.
bhaveshlad

I have hp ml350 server i am on the server
no display coming what solution ?.