1753378 Members
5038 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 G5

Duane Hoover
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML350 G5

I am loading windows 2008 x64 and it keeps asking for a Flat File directory. I have no clue what this is?
15 REPLIES 15
Berm├║dez
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

What you need to do is type: /mount/dvd on the OS File Directory text box.

I also send you a picture wher you could see an example.
Duane Hoover
Occasional Contributor

I type in /mount/dvd it tells me invalid directory
Berm├║dez
Frequent Advisor

One question are you using the SmartStart CD for 64 bit?

Here are 2 options that you could try.

There is a screen that says: "Please insert DVD media and press continue ". You will get this screen before you have to write down: /mount/dvd/

If you click continue without removing Smartstart CD (either physically or ilo) and write /mount/dvd/ you will get that message:
invalid entry

But, and only when you remove your Smartstart CD - insert your Windows DVD wait few seconds (as usual when you mount DVD-CDROM...) and click continue... you just write /mount/dvd/ and will work

I send you a picture.
Duane Hoover
Occasional Contributor

Thank You for quick response. It still doesnt work. I upgraded smartstart to 8.15 hoping that would work. went from windows 2008 (32bit) to windows 2003 32 bit still no luck so I am not sure what I am messing
Berm├║dez
Frequent Advisor

The easiest way to solve this problem is making a stand alone installation.

Deploy the server using only the Windows DVD, and after that install the PSP:

ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&prodNameId=3279711&swEnvOID=4024&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-a60c44a46d344272bf17ff919c

Installation:
Important: The ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 contains numerous files. All files must be present in the same directory as the HPSUM.EXE program or in order for the Support Pack to be installed properly.

Primary Installation Method

* Run the HPSUM.EXE program included with the Support Pack.
Note: By default, all software is selected for installation. In most circumstances this default selection should not be altered.

* Click the "Install" button to proceed with the installation.
Note: Even when selected, only software that is appropriate for the system it is being run on will actually be installed. After installation of the appropriate software, the utility will display its results, including indication of software successfully installed, software not needed for the current system configuration, and any installation failures.

Command Prompt Installation

* A BPXXXXXX.CMD file is also provided with the Support Pack for use in installing the Support Pack from a command prompt without user interaction. As with the HPSUM.EXE program, all software appropriate for the system it is being run on will be installed.

For additional usage information, refer to the BPXXXXXX.TXT file included in this Bundle Package.

Note: If you install a PSP and then install an operating system Service Pack or other operating system updates, HP recommends reinstalling the PSP.
Duane Hoover
Occasional Contributor

Thank You very much that did the trick
Berm├║dez
Frequent Advisor

Does it work?
Duane Hoover
Occasional Contributor

yes it did work
Ryan Villanueva

This did not work for me. I am using a DL320 G5 (64bit proc.), installing Windows Server 2008 Std Edition x64.

I have tried to mount the dvd by typing and by using the browse button. Also, EVERY time I install using just the DVD, I get a Windows error saying it could not be installed and to restart and complete the installation. I used the Server Diagnosis and all came out clean.

Why doesn't the Smart Start disc work? DO I need to do something else also, or perhaps try using a different version (8.0?)